Durable Dental Bonding
We are proud to provide long-lasting dental bonding to patients in the Spokane area. Dental bonding can improve your level of confidence and the functionality of your smile.
What is Bonding?
Dental bonding is a brief procedure that includes the application of a tooth-colored resin to an imperfect tooth. Dr. Wilder will place the bonding in a shade that matches your natural smile. He will seal the material to the tooth with the use of a special light. Bonding can improve your smile after just a few minutes in the dental chair!
Is Bonding Right for You?
Bonding may be a good option for patients with the following dental issues:
- Decayed teeth: Attractive and strong composite resin can fill in cavities. Bonding is a great alternative to amalgam fillings.
- Cracked or chipped teeth: If you have one or more chipped teeth, you can restore them with dental bonding. Within moments, bonding will restore the teeth to their best appearance and ultimate strength.
- Gaps between teeth: Bonding can seamlessly close small gaps between the teeth.
- Discolored teeth: For discolored or hard-to-whiten teeth, bonding will create the appearance of a strikingly white smile.
- Misshapen teeth: You can quickly correct misshapen teeth with a little bit of bonding.
The Bonding Procedure
Dr. Wilder likes to take a conservative approach to dentistry, so he will preserve as much of your natural smile as possible. He will gently prepare the tooth for the bonding. The procedure is so comfortable that you will not need anesthesia unless decay is involved.
The doctor will use a shade guide to ensure that your composite resin color resembles the color of your natural teeth. He will roughen the surface of the tooth and apply a conditioning liquid. He place the resin and then mold it to its desired shape before hardening it with an ultraviolet light. The entire procedure should take 30-60 minutes for each tooth.
What are the Benefits of Bonding?
- Is an inexpensive way to dramatically improve your smile
- Is less invasive than crowns or veneers
- Can usually be completed in a single office visit
Come take advantage of all of the benefits of dental bonding! You can easily enjoy a more even smile with dental bonding at Wilder Dentistry. Contact our office today.