Simplify your Exams with Digital X-Rays
Digital radiography is the newest technology that dentists use to learn about your oral health needs. This technique includes an electronic sensor instead of traditional x-ray film. This sensor instantly captures and stores detailed digital images onto a computer.
Within moments, you and Dr. Wilder will be able to view the images of your gums, teeth, and bones on a nearby monitor. He can enlarge any part of the image to gather more information, and to make it easier for you to understand your needs. Digital x-rays result in more accurate diagnoses and highly effective treatments.
Most importantly, digital x-rays reduce patient exposure to radiation by 80-90%. While traditional x-rays already emit low radiation and are concerned safe, digital x-rays will significantly decrease your exposure to any potential danger.
We’ve summed up the patient benefits of the digital x-ray below. Digital x-rays:
- Work faster | than traditional x-rays, allowing you to instantly view images and leave your appointment sooner.
- Produce high resolution images | that can be easily viewed by you and your dentist. You can better understand what is going on, and Dr. Wilder can precisely diagnose and treat you.
- Give your dentist access to necessary information | that is not available through a basic physical exam. You can detect problems earlier for more comfortable treatment.
- Are safer | for the patient because they minimize radiation emission.
X-rays may reveal a totally healthy mouth, so you can leave the office in peace. Digital x-rays may also reveal:
- Abscesses or cysts
- Bone deterioration
- Tooth decay
- Developmental abnormalities
- Poor tooth or root positioning
Digital x-rays can uncover all kinds of problems that may go unnoticed by the doctor and patient during a quick look at the teeth. It is important that we detect these problems early so that your treatment can be affordable, painless, and successful.
If we do detect any problems during your digital x-ray, you’re in good hands. Dr. Wilder will help you determine which treatment will serve you best in the long run. He always takes a conservative approach and will never offer his patients treatments that won’t benefit them.
To schedule your x-ray or exam, please give our office a call today.